American Investment Services, Inc.
American Investment Services, Inc. (AIS) is an S.E.C. Registered Investment Adviser founded in 1978. AIS is wholly-owned by the non-profit scientific and educational organization the American Institute for Economic Research (AIER). Our investment approach is consistent with AIER's scientific research findings, as described in their popular book How to Invest Wisely. We are governed by a Board of Directors appointed by AIER.
We provide low-cost independent Asset Management Services to individuals (including IRAs), estates, trusts, retirement plans and charitable organizations. We publish the Investment Guide, a monthly newsletter. We are also the developers of a rigorously researched, disciplined approach to large-cap value stock selection which we call the "High Yield Dow" strategy and one of a select group of advisors specifically qualified to provide clients with access to fund products from Dimensional Fund Advisors (DFA).
Investment Guide (login required)
- First Quarter 2013 AIS President's Letter to Clients
- AIS Seeks Operations Manager
- Schwab Taxable Money Market Funds- Questions and Answers related to holding of European Debt
- Fidelity Investments' Statement on Money Market Mutual Funds and European Investments
- Cutting through the Confusion: Where to Turn for Help with Your Investments(published by the Coalition for Investor Education)